31 Aug 2009

We went shopping yesterday, nowhere exciting, ask DH or DS but I did manage to come across some white lace. It reminded me of snowflakes and the lace on the garter from our wedding so its a pretty good fit for the "More Snow" layout. I've altered the LO to fit the dream girls challenge. I feel better about this rather than stretching the definition of lace. So here's the modified version:
From Carolyn's Scrapbook

More Snow Please
Photo Feb 9 2001 - Layout completed Aug 31 2009
Card Stock: Bazzill, Basic Grey
Vellum: Making Memories, Little Yellow Bicycle
Assorted Supplies: MME frame, Mesh by Magic Mesh, Tim Holtz Masks
Lace and Floss from Joann, Paint from Michaels, Chalk by Pebbles inc.

I've been thinking about this blog. I started it to discuss our life in California and it seems to have morphed into a scrapbooking blog. Uhmm... is that what I want? Scrapbooking is, in my view of the world, about life. So, I guess for now the two can coexist. I don't really want the work of maintaining two blogs. For scrapbooking people, I will try to put the relevant material first for friends and family who happen to be keeping caught up on the goings on here well... scrapbooking is one of the things that is happening and I will follow that with latest updates on Sid, Dustin and myself. And if you happen to read the whole thing then you may be getting hints as to what I'm doing next.

When we were out at Joann I bought some fabric to try making a stuffed frog. Since Sid is currrently obsessing over music boxes and he is very hard on them - overwinding and chewing the boxes - I thought I would try to make something that was tough enough to be chewed and easy enough to take apart to replace the music box. If you are interested my replacement music boxes come from National Artcraft. and the frog pattern came from The Frog Store.

We had a small fire over the weekend. DH put a pre-fab dinner in the oven in its original packaging. Seems it was microwave safe not oven safe. Oops! So the oven is full of baking soda and melted plastic. It was a pretty fire but didn't smell very nice. There is much work to do today! Its a little bit cooler so I think I will tackle some of the more physical jobs - the oven, the floors etc.

TFL, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me smile, thank you!