13 Aug 2009

Well, today I did something different. I posted a scrapbook layout at http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/.

I'm not sure why I find it intimidating but I do. I'm probably measuring myself against the mythical people know as "everybody else." After all everybody else is so much better than I am, right? Maybe or maybe not.

I think the real reason I could finally summon the courage to do something different is we are having our annual maintenance inspection. Its disruptive to have contractors traipsing in and out of the apartment and for some reason it makes me feel inferior. It's sort of like having my mother inspect my room. When I think about it rationally that doesn't make sense but it's how I feel.

I actually did two layouts but this is the one I entered:


In Bloom 2 completed Aug 13 2009
paper is from the Far and Away "Welcome to Asia" collection
pictures were taken July 2009
for http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/


The text reads
Silently a flower blooms,
In silence it falls away;
Yet here now, at this moment, at this place,
the whole of the flower, the whole of the world is blooming.
This is the talk of the flower, The truth of the blossom;
The glory of eternal life is fully shining here.
Zenkei Shibayama1

The runner up was:

In Bloom 1 completed Aug 11 2009
paper is mostly from the Basic Grey Lemonade collection
pictures were taken April 2009
The text reads "Where flowers bloom so does hope." Lady Bird Johnson.
If history serves, the one I didn't like will be the one I get the most comments about.

Today's the day: it's finished!? The playlist is up. The songs are all out of order but they are here. Hope you like it and don't get too attached I change my mind all the time.

The war on clutter goes as follows:
1) On the patio there is now a stand for the barbecue and room to walk a bit. Sid has his Ikea swing back and has happily nested in it.
2) On top of the cabinets there are no more boxes. Yeh!!! Some of it went out, some was put away, (it's true!) and some was more efficiently packed (boo!!!). Its weird with out the stuff on top of the cabinets. It echoes in here.
3) We are discussing the living room furniture situation and the most recent conclusion is all seating needs to go elsewhere and appropriately sized seating needs to come in. We just have to agree on something.

Thanks for visiting

1 comment:

  1. Love this LO!LOve the photo and your design,the colors and I really love the journaling!beautiful!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us.
    Love them both by the way...
    And your playlist is great too!!
    And no...not right..no one is better than another!!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me smile, thank you!