22 Sep 2009

My First Online Crop

This weekend I attended an online crop at SISTv. SISTv was the first online scrapbook community which I found when I decided to start clearing the backlog of pictures and memorabilia. I keep getting sidetracked with I joined in February at the same time I started this blog, it has become so much more than that.... I've deleted all that and maybe I'll come back to it maybe not.

On a whim, after I had signed up for some other challenges, I put an entry into SIS Survivor. It sounded like a fun contest based on Survivor the TV show. There were five rounds each with a challenge that had to be met. Rounds 1 and 2 were fun and pretty easy, people were eliminated for not following the rules. So I made it to round 3 where I was eliminated after pulling an all-nighter to do a self portrait, by drawing the short straw.

Thanks 'Danica'!!!!! I sincerely hope your son gets well soon. Another competitor who goes by 'Danica' had to drop out and so I was given another chance.

Oh, the drama! I take a nap, 4 hours later I wake up I'm behind on the challenge, my son is being demanding and his father is burnt out and here I thought I was going to have a leisurely Sunday! First things first, get the boys happy again and then move onto the challenge. Into the tub goes Sid, onto the couch goes Dustin and I start getting lunch ready (The whole crop was run on EST so I was out of sync with the planned flow of the event - 3 hours is big). Its now 12:00 PST, wet child, cooking food, grumpy husband and I have to be done 3 craft items by 5:00 PST!

Thanks Jenny!!! Your wreath saved me (see here, you will have to scroll down, to see one that wasn't thrown together in an hour and a half). Oh and thanks to the fabulous scrapgal. whose name has escaped me, for the blog post with the tag give-away. A card, A tag, and a wreath later, I figure I'm out but rather than judging by the rules, 'cause none were broken, or artistic merit , mine really wasn't the best, they draw straws and 'lostinadream' is eliminated.

OMG, I made it to round 5!!!! Deadline is 9:00AM PST to do a layout with 13 pics. Oh wow, I've had a bunch of pictures printed last week and in that lot were some odd shapes that I had a planned to do on a single LO. Counting 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 pics (OK there were more but there were enough and they were small so that they could fit onto a 2 page spread.)

So are you ready...

.
.
.

Drum Roll please ...
.
.
.

And the winner is...

.
.
.

Oh, did I mention that the prize is a spot on the catwalk, teasing

.
.
.

ME
I won WooHoo, YeeHaw, Yippy, Horray, fill in your own words. I just found out.

Here are the pics
Round 1 - 7 and only 7 elements, background paper doesn't count - pictures do.

I bought these stickers for a page like this and have been waiting for the pic.(note Mum not Mom) It finally happened 3 weekends ago and Jenn at scrapgal got me my paper order fast.

Round 2: 1 part journaling, 2 pics, a one word title, minimum 2 patterened papers, monochrome

I've had that paper for a while now and haven't found a use for it. I feel it was cheating allowing me 2 parts journaling but as Jenny said,"Use the paper."

Round 3 - A song that is meaningful to , a self-portrait and the lyrics must be incorporated into the LO.

Those of you who have been reading will remember the last song I tried to scrap!
A warm-up???

Round 4 - 3 different items, all with the same theme

Lots of Kiwi glimmer mist on these. Not exactly Christmas green but what I had.













Round 5 only 1 rule 13 pics.
Its a double and not a good picture. Maybe later I'll get a better one but right now I just want to get this posted.





Thanks for getting to the end of this,
Have a happy day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. yay! sounds like total craxy fun :) It was me, btw, with the tags :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! I'm so happy for you. You are a lucky woman to have a husband to take care of it all while you work on your hobby. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me smile, thank you!