9 Nov 2009

Weekend Reorg.

Scroll down for Sketchy Thursday 11.5 Layout


I've been storing stickers, bling, die cuts etc in page protectors in a binder. It works for me. I leaf through the binder before I put the page together and pull out embellishments which are likely to work. A while ago I bought some divided stoage pockets (these ones) but they didn't have enough large pocketed pages and had too many itsy-bitsy pockets. So I decided to make my own.

I sewed the pockets to the correct size and then carefully cut across the tops. In some cases I added brads to keep things from sliding out. The result looks like this:

Some details ( Sorry about the bad pics its quite bright here in the afternoons.)



I think it looks pretty nice. Just a warning if you do this, the plastic is really slippery so stitching a straight line is a bit tricky.

A fun layoutfrom a great sketch at Sketchy Thursday!

From Carolyn's Scrapbook


I purchased some Twinkling H2Os a while back and they've been sitting and mocking me for a couple of weeks now. I decided to play with them today. I used them straight up and mixed with acrylic paint on this LO. It's really hard to see the but these are incredibly shiny.



This enlargment is from left upper corner of the picture area. When I accidentally used the flash. The glare off of the paint kind of gives you the idea how glittery they are.

If you were here earlier and notice the LO looks different it is just a better picture the original pic is here

7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I love it, thanks for playing with us!!
    -Diana, Sketchy Thursdays founder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous- Please tell me that you are going to frame this and not place it in a scrapbook! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I love for Sketchy Thursdays, it's stunning! Thanks for popping in at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to check out your blog after you checked out mine! Your layout is beautiful! I love the paint, sparkles and that you cut the photo in a circle with the top/bottom edges flat. I don't think I would ever think of doing that but now I have to look for the perfect photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the shape you made the picture, beautiful!
    Jennifer C. sketchy thursdays dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Wow. Wow. 'nuff said. Thanks for playing along with us!!

    Heidi, Sketchy Thursdays

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Twinkling H2O's - there are so many pretty uses. Beautiful layout - I can feel the ocean on my face :).

    Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me smile, thank you!