26 Aug 2010

Ribbon Challenge - RRR6

I have the most incredible ribbon collection. I bought a bit of it, some of it came in RAKs but the bulk of it was free. One of the many online stores, which has since closed, had a promotional special during it's death throes. Free bags of ribbon!!! I bought some stuff and the ribbon came and a bit more and more ribbon came and ... Each bag was just a little smaller than a quart bag Ziplock!

I have played with it, sorted it by colour or by manufacturer if I was able to. I have found an effective way to keep it visible and yet neatly tucked away. But use it, well not so much.

A couple of weeks ago, the question came up at ScrapGal, "What is your favourite thing to do with ribbon?" I had a hard time answering that one but, it did get me thinking. Maybe, I should try to do something with it besides caress it lovingly!?

Well, then Cassie started telling us about the great things happening at Really Reasonable Ribbon. I checked it out and came up with this layout for their current challenge.



It just happens to be a bogo since I used mostly Prima products so it qualified for ScrapGal's manufacturer of the month contest too. BTW - this is a happy accident, I've had this planned for quite a while and just never got around to doing it.

And in case you are one of my readers who follows our daily lives. This is a picture of us from the opening ceremonies of the Service Excellence Awards trip in 2006 that Dustin won from ABI for being a truly awesome guy. Aside from being the only vacation we've ever had without Sid in tow, it was a 5 day all expense paid trip to Maui. We stayed at the 4 Seasons. I can't gush enough about this!

When I look back I can see it as one of those life altering events that we just lived through and didn't realize that was happening until it was over. I think that, aside from the opulence which is contributing factor, it marked a point at which we could look at each other and say we're doing good. Even though life is not perfect, and nobody's is really, we've come a long, long ways from the Mr. Noodles days. I think it inspired the confidence to make this crazy move to California.

Thanks for the motivation everyone!

Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout Carolyn. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge. I hope to see more of your work in future challenges. I'm glad Cassie sent ya over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!
    Ya know I love this!!!
    p.s. lovin' the new blog look...the Fragile tape is so awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me smile, thank you!