30 May 2012

and the answer is yes

This post on the Basic Grey blog caught my attention. I have lots of sheets of letter stickers missing vowels and far more q's ans x's than I will ever use and this looks like a great way to use them up. I really dislike throwing things away and isn't that butterfly cute?

Then the topic came up on the Two Peas forum and I couldn't resist sharing but, when the original poster asked it it would work for thicker letters I was stumped. Melanie Bauer clearly used Basic Grey letters and those are flat. I had to try Thickers to see

First I added letters to some cardstock weight paper and found an original Sizzix die. I am about 100% sure that wafer thin dies will not work. The cutting edge isn't as thick as the chipboard.
Then I ran it through the Big Shot. It went through surprizingly easily.
 
It slipped a bit but not too much.
and the end result is pretty good, not perfect but definitely useable.
 Here are a couple of shots of the imperfections but honestly they hardly show.
 Notice the edge isn't perfectly smooth
On this piece there seems to be a bit of a lip probably from slippage.

I'm sure if I had used a Bigz die it would have been perfect.

Have fun
Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea.
    I missed this post on 2 peas, I am on there many times a day, teehee.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me smile, thank you!