31 Aug 2012

Where has the summer gone?

It dawned on me that today is the Friday before Labour Day weekend. It seems like yesterday I was anticipating summer fun. For my Canadian friends that might seem silly since it always summer here or at worst early fall but I seem to finally be getting acclimatised. A week or so ago, I actually found it a bit chilly. I just shook my head and laughed. Of course that was out loud and people around me gave that strange look that says, 'crazy lady nearby' just before they stepped away.

*Sigh*

There are somethings that just aren't worth trying to explain.

So what have I been up to? Well playing hostess to my MIL, going to the beach, a very brief stop at Scrapbook Expo, playing in the pool, buying my boy shoes in 3 consecutively larger sizes and of course scrapping.

Here's the picture I think is the best one from the summer:



 As part of the on going album overhaul I've been going back and trying to fill in some of the gaps. That is gaps in our story, things/places/people that I have just forgotten to talk about and need to be in albums.  While working through this process I've found myself writing more. It's a pretty daunting job to really integrate the journalling and sometimes the pictures aren't the best but I think it's worth it. Here's a few samples:


I mean really, why I haven't I told the story of my husband driving between St. Catharines and New Jersey in the 1991 Sprint (Geo Metro for my American Friends). I love this guy!
And this one is humiliating. No baby book?! Sid's 10!!! In my defense I will say that it was about this time that our life went crazy and the CM people finally convinced me that my albums weren't "real" scrapbooks.  Foolish me, I gave up scrapbooking completely since I couldn't afford their product?!

And it's funny how one little thing can end up making such a big difference. Again, I never recorded my thoughts on this.

I think it's fantastic that I've been able to use some of my incredibly old product. I will soon have room to consolidate some of the cardstock into the colour files. (see this craft room 7 post if you are interested in the problem.)

 Have a great weekend

PS
Yet again I'm asking for feedback on the font. Love it, hate it or really don't care in any case let me know please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me smile, thank you!