18 Jan 2013

Random thoughts on change and Moving

In case you haven't guessed by now, I don't "do" change. Moving is one of the big changes and I'm tired of it.  Tired of the disorder, disruption, boxes, bills . . . This from a person who has moved almost as many times as I am years old. Too funny, eh?! On the positive side, I'm one of the world's most efficient packers.

What bothers me the most is that I just seem to settle into the 'new' and get happy, then, bam!, something happens and it's time to pack again.

"When you jump for joy, beware that no one moves the ground from beneath your feet.

~ Stanislaw Lec"

 

Seems I'm not the only person with issues.

Now today, I'm out walking, same old path to the store. ( 2 years makes it an old path?)  This time it's for laundry soap. I blink and my eyes reopen to a whole new world. Everything seems clearer, brighter and I feel that in that blink the path has changed. I can't explain the feeling any better than that but this happens to me from time to time. And, what changed? I don't know, I wasn't thinking about life altering decisions. To get a coffee out or not isn't a life altering choice, is it? Somehow though things felt shiny. Does it really take this long to settle down after a move?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me smile, thank you!