4 Sep 2013

It's a beginning

Adventures with Wilbur are on hold until a bit later.  Hopefully tonight I'll be up to writing the next chapter.  Until then I thought I would share my most recent creations.

I had the pleasure of attending and online crop last weekend and although I didn't do all of the challenges, I did do a few.

This one was a challenge to use all the colours of the rainbow.  I just happened to have a perfect picture.


I almost made it with the paper but ended up a bit shy of purple so added the buttons.  Thickers drive me crazy.  The yellow was missing an 'h'.  How on earth did I use all the h's and still have vowels left?  You'll likely see this picture again. ;)

The next challenge to use a colour scheme.  Here's the link to it and my take,

The title is a bit, uhm, lacking, but it was such a pretty picture.  It just begged to be scrapped.  There's a bit of humour here too,  "Remember this date".  Well I would love to but my camera recorded the date as May 15 2004.  Uhm no,  it was sometime in August of 2011.

And it wouldn't be an online crop without a scrap lift challenge.


The original was a wedding layout with lace over a black background and heart stamps.  I finally found a use for this one lonely piece of Webster's Pages paper. :D
(and yes there is journaling on the card now about their relationship. TMI )

Of course there was the list challenge - choose 6 things.  I chose a patterened paper background, Thickers, block print, enamel dots, washi tape, and hand journaling. ( like I do anything but hand journaling. lol)


The basic design is based on one of Becky Higgins' June sketches.  If you look, scroll down to the 4th sketch.

And last but not least, a Pink + Bling challenge.  Not the most comfortable challenge for me but I do get to count it as the first one for my 50 UFO project.



Most of the papers and embellishments have been in a bag since CKU last year.  They were the scraps from one of the layout classes.  I kept them together waiting for a pink layout to come up.  One bag emptied!

I see I have naked flowers.  I think I better fix that before I put it in a page protector though that might be a while.  I just ordered a 100 of protectors and am waiting . . . I think they are on a mule coming over the mountains. lol

Hope you had a great weekend
and a have crafty week


~Carolyn (1/50)

ps:  Come join us at scrapnyap.com.  You will have to register but it's a fun group.

1 comment:

  1. I really do love all of your layouts.
    I am so impressed at how many you did and they are all so detailed.
    Great job !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me smile, thank you!