8 Mar 2014

I succeeded

in crawling out from under my covers.

I have a whole lot to share now.  So much that I'm not really sure where to start.  Do I start with how I kicked myself into action?  Or should I skip that part and just go to the results?  Or do I finish last summer's adventures with Wilbur?  Or what about all the video I recorded with my Gelatos experiments?

Gelatos:

long story but my computer died.  I have the video but can't edit it at the moment at least not without kicking him off of the desktop.  He's having so much fun playing Civilization (his birthday present) that I don't have the heart.

There's a ton of good videos on YouTube and really except for seeing the finished page and my demos on different paper types, I don't have much to add.  Trust me on this, the paper you use makes a huge difference.  None are bad, well the super high gloss wasn't to my liking, but it completely depends on what you are trying to achieve.  Experiment and have fun with it.

One little thing I picked up at CKU was that just a spritz of water - super fine mist - will set them so that they don't smear any more. Done - unless you ask for more.

Wilbur:

was last seen on a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha. (isn't that a line in a Bob Seger song?)  Anyways, I'll get back to those stories.  Yes,  they all true and there is a point to my ramblings but for now that is all on the subject except to say that I promise to finish them before this season starts.

On that note, I'd best get writing because I saw my first Robin last week.  He's apparently been around for a while because he was too fat to fly away.  Silly me didn't have a camera though.  The robins don't stay for long.  They come. They fatten up and they carry on.  So if you are north of me, I promise they are on their way.

Get your duff in gear Carolyn 

Sid's sleep issues are a chronic problem and in the winter I find it hard to keep up his pace.  I mean really getting up in the dark and having no sun after 4:30 is hard enough, right?!  Come the 15th of January, when the days start to get longer, I start to be able to keep up with his crazy hours and have a little energy for me so this year ...


Yes, that's me at a Dyan Reaveley class!!! (notice me jumping up and down!!!)She came to Scrapbook Territory in Berkeley after CHA.  I stayed for the whole weekend.  A little motel room just for me.  Bliss!  I had a chance, in the evening,  to work on the epic file folder album from last summer.  Not done yet but much closer. OK would have been better with a tub but it was clean and withing walking distance.  Once upon a time it would have seemed like the Ritz.  WOW, am I spoiled now! lol

I really can't tell you how wonderful the experience was!!  I had a great time playing, learned a ton, shared the table with some fabulous women who put up with my incessant chatter and best of all  her energy was contagious.  She really is as high an energy person as in her videos.  Thanks Dyan! (and if you happen to read this I really hope I wasn't too disruptive - get well soon!)

Here's her post if you would like to see some more pictures.  I was a bit busy spraying ink and dropping my camera to get many good ones.
Escape to Alcatraz

Results

well never one to start with baby steps, I decided to do a layout a day in February with the scrapnyap girls. How hard can that be?  I bet I do an average of a layout a day, figuring in calendar mayhem in November/December.  Correct - I average one a day but I do not complete one a day.  More learning!

To give you a taste, the prompts were alphabetical and J is for journal of course. ;)



A little Dyan, a little Carolyn, a little Pinterest inspiration, and a pretty nice cover came out.  It's how I felt about that journal because when I got back it was back to, you know, same old ...

No promises but I'll try to post more often.

PS:
youtube friends, I'm not leaving comments 'cause I'm not joining Google+ but I'm still watching and liking. 

Take Care

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds like you had a great time.
    Love that you went on your own and had your own room…thats a dream ;)
    Your journal is gorgeous.
    As for a layout a day…wow, I can't seem to do a layout a month.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes me smile, thank you!